IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2016 : Questions Asked & Expected Cut off(11 December )
IBPS has successfully conducted the Mains exam for RRB Officer for Scale -I,II & III. In this article we present some of the questions asked from each section and also the overall expected cut off marks.
The overall difficulty of the exam was slightly above the Moderate level. If you attempt 135+ questions with good accuracy, you can easily clear the cut off marks.
Section wise Asked Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2016
Let us have a look at the questions asked in different sections:
Questions asked in General Awareness (GA/GK) Section:
- In Grand slam Serena Williams equalled - Steffi Graf’s Open era record with her 22nd Grand Slam win
- FDI investment in white label ATM's – 100%
- “Wealth of Nation” book Author – Adam smith
- Who is elected as the vice President of USA after the 2016 election? – Mike Pence
- January 9th is observed as – Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (NRI Day)
- Walt Disney celebrated its anniversary recently – 45 th Anniversary
- Amount for PM krishi sinchai Yojna ? ₹500 billion (US$7.4 billion)
- Who is the President of Israel – Reuven Rivlin
- Who has introduced UPI (Unifies Payment Interface) ? – NPCI
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission – Mission aims to create 300 Rurban growth clusters
- 4 tiers in GST structure – 5%, 8%, 18%, 28%
- Economics Nobel prize in which field –Oliver HartBengt and Holmströmfor their contributions to contract theory
- APEC summit 2016 theme – Quality Growth and Human Development
- Fiedel castro politician recently passed away from which country – Cuba
- Airtel payment bank is in which state – Rajasthan
- How much amount for DeenDayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) – 76,000 crore
- India defeated which team in kabaddi world cup 2016 final – Iran
- Where is Pushkar mela celebrated – Rajasthan
- Dada sahab Phalke 2016 awards given to – Manoj Kumar
- No.1 ranked in ATP Tennis Ranking – Andy Murray
- Noble prize 2016 in literature – Bob Dylan
- Ease of Doing Business 2017, topped by which country – New Zealand
- India growth rate by S&P – 8%
- Asian games 2018 venue- Indonesia
- Currency of Namibia – Namibian dollar
- Jnanpith Award Winner – Raghuveer Chaudhari
- Periyar National Park – Mlappara, Kerala
- 2018 Asian Games will be held at – Indonesia
- 9th Janis celebrated as – Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation –DV Sadananda Gowda
- Currency of Zambia –Zambian kwacha
- Axis bank pact with which state? - Kerala
- Who won China Open super series in Badminton – P.V Sindhu
- Tialong 4 satellite launched by which country? – China
- Capital of Lithuania – Vilnius
Questions asked in Quantitative Aptitude Section:
Q1. Find wrong number series:
4, 10, 23, 43, 70, 108 ,145
6 ,14 ,78, 294 ,842 ,1806, 3534
7 ,16, 34, 70, 142, 286, 574
3 ,4 ,6, 24, 192, 3072 ,9830
Q2. Some litres of water is mixed with 32 litres of milk. X ltr of total mixture is taken out and 4 ltr of each water and milk are added.the final ratio of milk and water in ratio 8:3.find the value of X?
Q3. Axis bank pact with which state? - KeralaA is twice of B age . C age 12 yrs ago is equal to half of B age 6 years after.the sum of all ages is 84.find the A age after 6 years ?
Q4. A men invested X in compound interest at 20% rate for 2 years.the amount obtained after 2 yrs in put into another scehme Y of 15 % rate for 5 yrs.the difference between amount obtained in X and Y is 5616.what is amount invested in X scheme?
Q5. MP of B is 1500 more than CP of A . A is marked up by 40 % and gave 10 % discount and profit obtained is 650.two consecutive discounts of 10% of article B.what is CP of A ?
Questions asked in English Language Section:
Passage 1 : Chaina's small town in that one hangbouch place rural agricultural and urban development
Passage 2 : Vegetable and its imp in britan
Para-jumble Asked :
UNTIL six months ago, no self-respecting financial consultant would travel without it: the bar chart showing that the marginal cost of Internet banking transactions was a tiny fraction of the cost of branch banking. It was the chart that launched dozens of stand-alone Internet banks. Unshackled from the cost of real property—and real people—Internet banks would, it was claimed, blow stuck-in-the-mud incumbents out of the water. However, as Roberta Arena, director in charge of the Internet forHSBC, a British banking giant, remarks wryly: “Easy to say; tough to do.”
Now Internet banks around the world are faltering. Part of the reason is that their physical rivals have become wiser, launching their own integrated “clicks ‘n bricks” strategies that offer customers electronic access as well as dark satanic branches. But they are not undisputed winners either. They are finding that the Internet is, at best, a zero-sum game.
Questions asked in Reasoning Section:
7 Box arrangement with different values :
T – 16
P – 2
V – 6
S – 20
Q – 9
R – 15
U – 11
Coding and Decoding
There were 5 sentences having unique words 4 in each row having 3 letter codes for each word.
The code format was "A Symbol out of *,#,%,$", "last letter of the word", "length of the word".
Symbol was based on the starting letter of the word.
There were only four different first alphabets in each row, corresponding to a fixed symbol.
Expected Cutoff of IBPS RRB Officers Scale I Mains 2016:
Given below is the category wise overall cut off marks. This is an expected figure.
Cutoff (Officer Scale 1)
Stay tuned for more updates and tips. Till then, Happy Learning!
TopRankers Online Test-Series