Bank of Maharashtra has concluded the process of accepting registrations of the candidates who aspire to be recruited for the job of clerk and probationary officer. The bank has opened up the recruitment process for total 1315 vacancies. The candidates who have registered for the exams should abide by the simple and perquisite tips and strategies to crack it.
Before finding the tips and preparation methods to nail the PO and Clerk exam, it is important to understand the pattern of the syllabus and section wise weightage of the topics to deal them smartly.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The exam will include total 200 questions and the candidate will have to score minimum the cut off marks as finalized by the recruitment authority. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes or two hours and this is the important factor which holds importance while preparing to crack the exam.
Eyeing the Section wise Syllabus and Weightage of Important Topics
The syllabus for the BOM PO and Clerk exam includes variety of topics that can be dealt smartly if we focus on the topics according to their weightage and on the basis of the frequencies they had been put up in the previous papers of general IBPS and other banks’ PO and clerk exams. Here we have enlisted the important topics section wise of the exam and in the latter part we will discuss how to deal these topics wisely.
- Reasoning Ability: Logical Reasoning, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphabetic and numeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle Tabulation.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest and Surds & Indices, Time and Work, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination & Probability, Data Interpretation.
- General Awareness (specially in reference to Banking Sector): Current Affairs, Indian Economy Questions, Government Introduced Fiscal Policies, Marketing Trends, Awards & Honors Sports , Finance , Agriculture , Banking History, Banking Terms , RBI Functions
- English: Tenses/Sequence of Tenses, Voice: Active and Passive, Narration: Direct and Indirect, Transformation of Sentences, Use of Articles, Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Tenses, Use of Prepositions, Synonyms and Antonyms, One word substitution, Comprehension of the given passage.
Tackling Topics Smartly-Section Wise Planning and Preparation
- The most frequently asked topic is puzzle and it has high difficulty level. However this topic has high weightage because under one puzzle situation it gives 3-5 questions that allow the candidate to fetch more marks. Therefore, it is wise to give some decent amount of time on the topics like puzzle and seating arrangement.
- Learn squares, cubes and multiplication tables thoroughly. You can simply write them on paper and just read them before going to sleep for a week and your brain will automatically register it. This will help you to score easily in the questions of series which are based upon the logics of squares, cubes and other arithmetic operations.
- Practice doing addition, subtraction, multiplication with maximum speed using the tricks that you can easily find in mental mathematics books or you can browse it on search engines.
- Vision based reasoning: It is one of the easiest sections that you can easily score with proper concentration. Make sure that you don’t mark the option in haste as the questions can confuse you easily. Always look for the right picture option 2-3 times.
- The candidate can focus on the Data Interpretation topic which gives many questions to score marks. You need to have apt edge over solving the percentage, ratios, converting the degree of circle into the percentage and analyzing the graphs and table with maximum speed.
- Other important topics include Mensuration for which you need to thoroughly learn the formula. What you can do is make a separate notebook for all the formulae and understand their concept as the questions are based more on it.
- If you feel that you totally get lost in the formulae and concepts of mathematics that you find in the study material then you better trace the roots in NCERT mathematics books of 7th-10th standard. You don’t need to practice questions from there, just take one topic and start finding the basic concept from the scratch. It will help resolve all the confusions. Though it would take a bit of time but will speed up your practice later.
- Focus on the current affairs of past six months and mainly study the business section of the newspaper.
- Learn about the latest fiscal policies introduced by the government and important tie ups of major business tycoons.
- Formulate your opinion on the fiscal policies and interpret them with the latest and previous trends. It will help you have strong hold during the group discussion and interview level of the exam.
- Read newspaper regularly and focus on the section of national political and development news, business news and international economic affairs that has impact on nation’s economy.
- Make sure that you know all the recent appointments in the banking sector and finance ministry.
- Make sure that you have thoroughly mugged up the latest & different fiscal rates that RBI sets for all the banks, like bank rate, repo rate, CRR, SLR etc.
- Make a notebook for vocabulary and you can find the trend from previous papers for the type of one word substitution, synonyms, antonyms, words based on diseases, manias and phobias etc.
- Make a rule book for the grammar section and separate out the special words which consist of exceptional dealing in grammar.
- Develop reading habit which will help you in solving the questions based on comprehensions and it will enable to you to answer the question without getting confused between the lines.
General Strategies to Score Maximum in BOM PO and Clerk Exam
- Time Management: Start using the timer and practice on the mock tests. Apart from doing the entire mock tests, you need to practice each and every question especially for logical and quantitative aptitude by setting the timer. This will enhance your speed and will give you fair idea in dealing questions in the limited time during exam.
- Meditation and Proper Sleep: It is crucial to retain the learned concepts in your mind and it requires the candidate to take proper sleep of 7 hours. One should also practice meditation to keep mind calm and healthy body to study properly.
- Practice without Pen: This strategy means that you need to practice solving questions in your mind than doing entire solution on paper. Try to write minimum and do the calculations in your mind and for this you need to have strong grip over arithmetic operations and squares, cubes etc.
- Enhance the Verbal Skills: You need to have strong opinions on what you learn and see around. If you crack the pre level then in the next stage you will have to face the group discussion and personal interview level. Here you will have to be best in putting forth your opinion and you should also need to give positive impression in the interview.
- Practice Online Mock Tests and Score Board Competitions: You can practice by going through the online mock tests as the exam is online it is better and smart to practice through online tests. This will enhance your speed and will give you fair idea of your own ability to perform during the exam. There are many score board competitions where you can compare your score with others and it will make you more competitive.